Tue, Apr 02|
April Chapter Meeting
Join us at Pizzeria Serio for our April chapter meeting, featuring Mat Wagner, owner of the Driftless Angler fly shop in Viroqua, WI. Mat will give us the latest scoop on Driftless stream conditions, trout behavior, and fly selection as a prelude to the EDTU Driftless trip taking place April 26-28.
Time & Location
Apr 02, 2024, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Pizzeria Serio, 1708 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60657, USA
About the event
This chapter meeting is on Tuesday, April 2, and the guest speaker is Mat Wagner, owner and manager of the Driftless Angler fly shop. Mat will give us the latest information on Driftless stream conditions and the hot flies that are catching fish. Mat is also an enthusiastic conservationist and will provide us with his view of Driftless stream restoration issues.
The Driftless Angler is a full-service fly shop located on the historic main street in Viroqua Wisconsin. A short drive from anywhere in the upper Midwest, the shop is centrally located within the Driftless Area's thousands of miles of spring creek trout streams. With a huge selection of local flies and some of fly fishing's finest gear, chosen specifically for the Driftless fishery. The Driftless Angler also has a professional guide service to help you improve your skills and unlock the secrets of some lesser-known Driftless creeks.
About Our Regular Chapter Meetings:
- When: First Tuesday of the month, unless disrupted by a major conflict or holiday.
- Location in Cold Months: Pizzeria Serio, 1708 W. Belmont, Chicago. We're proud to rent out the entire upstairs event space for a cozy and exclusive experience.
- Directions: Upon entering the main dining area of Pizzeria Serio, take the stairs on the left to reach our private second-floor space.
- Parking: Plenty of street parking is available on Belmont and side streets. Reminder: Do not park on the north side of Belmont before 6:00 p.m.
- Agenda: 6:00 pm: Social Hour - A warm setting where attendees reminisce, share fishing tales, discuss conservation, and more. 6:45 pm: Dinner - Delight in a buffet that boasts a salad, Pizzeria Serio's renowned brick oven pizza, and other treats. The cost stands at $30 per person. ~7:15 pm: Guest speaker and presentation.
Our chapter meetings aim to foster camaraderie, knowledge sharing, and a shared passion for fishing and conservation. We hope to see you soon!